Family 2011

Family 2011

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sisters

Yes on March 9 my sister turned 60. As I was thinking about my life with my sister I realized yet again how blessed I am by having the family I have. I used to think 60 seemed really old, not so much anymore. I am so thankful for my "much older" sister. I think I owe her an apology. I don't think I was maybe the most fun little sister. I remember getting into her stuff all the time when she was gone. She is 8 1/2 years older than I am and wow I used to have fun with her stuff. I can still see my mother's face peeking over the back of our couch and catching me in the middle of a hair cut on my sister's beautiful special doll. I had a scissors in one hand and a hand full of very long hair in the other hand. Of course I had to finish the job or the poor doll would have looked really bad. I used to love to play in her makeup. Mascara was my favorite. I also tried several times to get her contacts in my eyes. I can still remember crawling around on our very short pile wool carpet trying to retrieve a contact and the sweat forming on my forehead thinking what will happen when she opens her contact case and there is no contact in it? I ran my hand over it and was so anxious to get it back in the case and I swore I would leave that alone for a few days. My brother and I loved to find dead mice and leave them lay on the floor outside the bathroom door when she was in there so we could hear her scream when she opened the door. Now I would say I have had pay back as I am petrified of mice! Yes, I would say I owe her a few apologies. She had to share a room with me until she was married and I always wanted to chat when she wanted to go to bed. Imagine that! We are sister's. Very different but still share a lot of the same. We both love and cherish our families, we both love the Lord and we both know what it is like to share the bond of sister's. A few years ago my sister battled breast cancer. It was a scary time. Scary for all of us. Thank the Lord she beat the cancer and God has spared her life and continues to use her in all of our lives. So if you have a sister give her a call and tell her you love her and apologize. Guess I best get to the phone.

No comments: